Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Are you sick of my medical stuff yet?

Friday I went to see the opthamologist who said, "You are a complicated and interesting case."  Evidently I don't have Giant Cell Arteritis, or Temporal Arteritis or any evidence of auto-immune inflammatory disease in the arteries in my head.  On the other hand, I clearly have something that my body is reacting to and leaving all sorts of traces and tracks behind.  The optic nerves are still slightly swollen after a couple weeks of heavy steroids.  (And Prednisone is not making me edgy or or cranky.  If anything, I'm depressed and sleepy.)

So, I will be going in some time next week for an MRI on my brain.  Actually, I think this is cool.  I sure hope they let me look at the pictures.

On the other hand, I think of all those episodes of "House" where the complicated and interesting case goes through three different painful and dangerous procedures before they finally put all the pieces together and discover that it's Bubonic Plague or a easily corrected structural anomaly in the heart or something.  At least an MRI, although claustrophobic and noisy, is not painful or dangerous.

Crayon therapy was good yesterday.  I may try some more this weekend.  Just mindlessly sweeping color onto paper can be so satisfying.  

We have been through a series of "late summer showers" that have been more like a monsoon in miniature.  Warm temperatures, gray skies for days, and flooding torrents of rain.  But the weather is predicted to get clear and sunny for the weekend.  There will be lingering summeryness into early October, but the season really has turned. Kids are back in school, and it's time to buckle up, buttercup, because winter is on the way.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' said...

    No, I'm not tired of reading your medic sessions. You are handling it the way I would like to deal with problems. Hang in there! I'll keep reading!

     
  • At 8:07 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Buckle up buttercup! I love crayon therapy. I use it with student teachers who freak out after they teach for the first time.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I appreciate the updates as you journey through this process. Crayon therapy is fun! I'm a fan of whatever works :)

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A friend was telling me about a relative of hers who was having medical problems and they could not figure it out. She was tired of all the tests. One day at home she decided to move her bed from one wall to another. She had a huge headboard on her bed. When they moved it, they discovered the wall behind it had mold! They had a leak that they did not know about which caused the mold. And it turns out to be the cause of her medical problems. Ya just never know!

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Keep telling us all the medical stuff! It helps us know how to direct our love and healing thoughts & prayers. Plus we always knew you were, and are, delightfully complicated & interesting.

    And you'll be fine unless a grumpy guy with a cane starts insulting you and upsetting the diagnosis......

     
  • At 10:29 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    I'd wonder how you were doing if you weren't updating us. So glad to hear that you don't have any of those things you mentioned. Hopefully, the MRI will look great too and it'll turn out to be something ridiculously simple and nothing to worry about and that you'll be fine in no time! In the meantime, keep coloring! It's fun! ;-)

    Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie, I'm certainly not sick of hearing this. I'm relieved they're crossing big, scary, obvious stuff off the list. I hope their pennies finally drop and they realise your shoes are too tight or something ;) I hope you won't mind if I gently worry all the same x Indigo

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home