Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, August 31, 2013

I warned the nurses that I might start telling dirty jokes.  They encouraged me, so I rattled off some of my best one while I was being prepped for surgery.  The doc carefully clippered just a small patch of hair so I could comb more hair forward and cover the wound.  Then they gave me the sleepy drugs and evidently I stopped in mid-joke because they had to remind me where I was as I came out.  Couldn't leave without the punch line.

The really neat thing is that they glued me back together.  I could wash my face and hair right away.  No going back to get stitches removed.  And once the iodine was washed off, I don't look all that bad at all.  Now we wait for results.  May this be the worst I have to deal with.

Kyle came to pick me up and brought a box of ripe figs to break my fast.  He is SO good to me!  The drugs tend to constipate me so this was a perfect solution.  I do love that man!  He thinks of everything. What a sweet, succulent, delicious multi-purpose treat!

I have put on three pounds in the past four days.  Prednisone is fattening.  But we are going to the State Fair today,  so I will get in lots of steps, and that will help.  I do love the fair.  I'll take pictures!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' @ My Yellow Swing said...

    My younger sister was on Prednisone for several years for an eye problem and she had severe water retention. As soon as she was off it, she was back to normal size. Hang in there, we are all cheering for you!

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Glad the biopsy is over and you didn't have to deal with stitches. Have fun at the fair!

     
  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Dear Roxie, let me know if there is anything I can do. Though I know you are in great hands with Kyle.

     
  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love how Kyle takes care of you. Be well-- and enjoy the fair!

     
  • At 11:00 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Fingers crossed the worst is over. Thinking of you. Enjoy the fair! xx

     
  • At 7:25 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Hope you're better now!!

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I hope everything works out well. You are in my prayers that it is an easy fix and you can share those jokes with someone else - another time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home