Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Walkies in the woods

Maggie and I went for a walk in Tryon CreekPark.  The weather has been warm lately, with sunshine and other foreign things, and we are not acclimated, so a walk in the shady woods was just the ticket.  It smells so good.  The way the light dapples through the canopy makes my heart dance.  Breezes whispered to us, birds twittered and chirped, and from other pathway we could hear people laughing and chatting as they strolled along.  I got lots of "F" photos for next week's alphablog.    It was a peaceful, almost transcendent time.


 And as we emerged from our walk, we encountered a group of canine aficionados preparing to walk their pets.

Great Danes.



I hadn't realized before, how much sheer physical strength it takes to discipline and train one of these kindly behemoths.    I asked if I could photograph their babies, and everyone was very cordial and polite.  When I asked if I could pet the big puppies, again, everyone was welcoming.  And the doggies - oh, what dear big sweethearts they are!  Very polite, and gentle, very considerate of how easily people break, and very pleased to be seen and greeted.

And everyone who had a dog also had a large plastic bag to collect the Great Dane doodoo.  I appreciate good citizens like them.  Imagine the mess these giants could leave behind.



3 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like fun! What beautiful dogs! And...I can just imagine what some of your "F" words will be. :-) Have a happy Fourth of July!

     
  • At 11:21 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL At first I thought I read "kinky behemoths" and thought WHATTT??? Then I reread it and started laughing at my error!

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those are some pretty puppies!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home