Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Close-ups

 People asked, so here are close-ups. Tim, I was using the fish pin you made for me to hold the sweater closed.  I do love that pin!


And I also added a belt.  But without belt and pin, here it is.
Elbow length cuffed sleeve.  I wanted this sweater for warmth, but sleeves get in my way some times. A seed stitch cuff doesn't curl, adds a bit of eye-catching bulk (anything that draws the eye away from my hips is good) and blends the yarns nicely.
I knit it vertically in garter stitch, then seamed the shoulders, opened side vents and armholes, picked up and knitted sleeves, and finally added the eye-catching  horizontal center panel. Thick and purple and wooly-warm.  It still needs pockets, though.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    That is fabulous!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I like the look of those cuffed sleeves. Your right, it needs pockets. I usually carry at least 3lbs. of "important stuff "

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Very sweet yarn!! I love how the pink it it adds something like sparkle to it.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    It's beautiful Rox - you did an amazing job!!
    I'm personally not a fan of pockets on knits. I know, you didn't actually ask ... I find that they just droop and warp the shape of the garment. And I'm a fan of pockets in general so this is not some sort of pocket phobia.

     
  • At 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for the pictures. Did you steek the sleeve openings? I love the way the sideways stockingnet stitch flows and fits. You're a genius!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home