Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 29, 2012

The persistence of fish

 Yes, another goldfish is off the needles.  This one with blue lips and black button eyes.  Next, I think I'll do a stingray.


















It is June, and our roses are thriving. This one is called Perfume Delight and the fragrance is just to swoon over.








Black thumbed gardeners though we are, the tomatoes and pumpkins are thriving.  There are sugar peas climbing the strings, and I have eaten half a dozen of them right off the vines.   YUM!  I doubt any will last long enough to make it into stir-fry.
The new cement pad is in.  The lads who were constructing it, very cleverly shielded it from the rain, tying tarp strings to trees, the roof, and the existing awning, and slanting it to shed the accumulated water.  I would not have thought it out anywhere near so thoroughly.  I was impressed!

DH brought me a nail so I could leave a footnote.  He knows me so well.

6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You will have an entire aquarium full of fishy headwear soon. Brown thumb my arse! Your garden looks spectacular. You and your DH are so darned adorable.

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Always fun to inscribe the new concrete! I remember doing that as a kid when parents added patio!!

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    OMG, Roxie! That is my favorite fish hat, you've done it beautifully. That's so creative.

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I too love the Goldfish, Good job. So nice of DH to bring you a nail. That little gesture says so much.

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I love your love note on the concrete slab. Years and years from now, someone else living at your house will look down at it and smile.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    heideho says "an aquarium full of fishy headwear"

    Oh the picture that makes- a room full of kids moving around to St. Saiens The Aquarium- high and low, forwards and back, all in knitted fish hats!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home