Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's good to have friends.

LB and I have been friends for over forty years. We have been classmates and roommates.    I introduced her to her husband.  She stood by me through my pregnancy and the adoption of my son.   So when she called and asked me for help, because she had carpal tunnel surgery on her left wrist, then broke her right wrist, of course I stepped up.  So did everyone who knows her.  Her husband and daughter were already at their summer home where said daughter has her first full-time job.  And LB was staying behind to get the town house ready for the people who will be renting it for the summer.

So she sent out the call for help and the hordes arrived.  The guys cleaned up the yard and the garage.  Women were everywhere, doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, the living room, the bathrooms, changing sheets, packing the contents of the master bathroom and closet, and carrying it all down to the spare room.  In four hours, we had LB packed and ready to go, had the place fit for renting, and two wonderful women are making the 6 hour drive with her tonight, spending the night, then taking the six hour drive back to town the next day. To have a friend, you have to be a friend, and clearly, LB has been one hell of a swell friend because her friends pulled through!

It's too bad that  I am at an age where four hours of serious packing and romping up and down stairs with full boxes is enough to wipe me out for the rest of the day.  It's wonderful to be at an age when the friendship is worth it. Good luck LB.  Have a good summer.


6 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Victory

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcSp1IcVvM

     
  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    And you are a good friend to be doing all that packing and romping. That's what makes friendship so worth it--a friend in need, and all that.

     
  • At 4:32 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That is such a good example of what good friends (the kind that deserve the name "family") are.

    And all that work? Would do me in, too. In my mind, my body is 18 and ready for anything. My body knows otherwise and reminds me frequently.

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Saw a wonderful little quote when you want to go fast, go alone. When you want to go far, go with friends

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I think of friends like you as angels!

     
  • At 11:48 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You and LB have probably filled and cleared the ledgers a thousand times. That is the beauty of a really good friend:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home