Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dozy

 I do love lilies.  Here's pictures of a couple that we passed on our walk on Sunday.  Maybe I should seek out a lily farm for some sniffing and photography.

I don't know for sure what I did yesterday, but by bedtime I had a muscle spasm in my shoulder that was giving me an icepick headache.  So I took Tylenol PM, soaked my shoulders in a hot bath, rubbed in some BenGay, and slept like I had been shot and stuffed. Don't think I even turned over.  Today, I am pain-free, but so dopey.  I nearly nodded off into my breakfast.  I did put my feet up in the recliner and gave in to the need to nap for half an hour, but the cats wouldn't let me be.  so i will be stumbling around with my body telling me to get horizontal, and my head prompting me to get something done.  At least get dressed.  It's 8 AM fercrysakes.  It's immoral to still be in bathrobe and slippers.  What will those nice young men who are coming to pour a pad in the back yard think of you?
We so enjoyed our pavilion last year that DH took one of his quarterly bonuses and bought another.  a second pad leaves less lawn to mow and more space to sprawl.  We are not outdoorsy, gardening sort of folks.  Bug screens and comfy furniture all the way for us.  Roughing it means drinking the champers out of plastic stemware.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Enjoy your pavilions! You could install a hot tub in one of them...

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I love the outdoors and it loves me right back. I have the mosquito bites to prove it. I've been sitting outside every chance I get with the wheel or some knitting or just a good book and a (fairly) comfy chair. The cold weather is so long and summer seems to short I want to take advantage of it as much as possible.

    I hope your body/head are feeling better today.

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Less to mow is a wonderful idea.

     
  • At 2:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you have the right idea, Roxie. Take a walk and enjoy other people's yards. Let them do the work.

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LOL-- I love the idea of your pavilion, and the two of you just soaking in the atmosphere!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home