Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, June 22, 2012

movie reviews

DH was sent home this week for "Lack of work."  This after weeks when he had to work 10 hr days and every other weekend to "get the product out."  Sounds like crisis by management to me.

 But I reap the benefits, because this means we get to go to mid-week matinees.  Yesterday, we saw, "Snow White and the Huntsman."  Charlize Theron owned that flick!  She is a brilliant evil queen.  And Chris Helmsley is SOOO easy on the eyes.  I enjoyed the whole film, especially the seven dwarves.

Today we went to see "Brave."  The audience, at the 10AM showing, was 80% - under the age of twelve, 18% - parents of the  wee ones, 2% - DH and me.  I enjoyed the heck out of it, and DH was a wonderfully good sport.  The animation on the animals was amazing.  The horses moved like horses.  The skin rippled over muscles and eyes had depth and expression.  Pixar does an awesome job.

Plotwise, it was a Disney flick.  Predictably happy ending.  But i did like that the mom got turned into a  bear. I felt really sorry for her.

And the music was Celtic as can be.  So haunting and entrancing.

There was a short animation called, "La Luna" shown before "Brave."  I really, really enjoyed that one, too.

So, how do I get Pixar to make my books into a film?

8 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I have seen so many ads on both movies. I am glad to hear your reviews! I might escape to one sometime.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Sanna in Pixar would be awesome!

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I want to see Snow White, I'm glad to hear it's a good one.

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I enjoyed (if that's the right word) Snow White. Thor as a huntsman? Oh yea. He is very easy on the eyes. And Charize Theron was the best evil queen I think I've ever seen. All that blonde innocence on the surface....

    We're going to see Brave this week. I love a good animated movie and Pixar does it so well.

     
  • At 5:12 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I like getting to movies early, because ususally the theater is totally empty.

     
  • At 5:43 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Scott and I have been asking the same question! Can you imagine Johnny Saturn as a Pixar flick? I wonder if Pixar does PG-13, though...

    I want to see Brave and I saw previews for a movie I think was called Hotel Transylvania that looks like a hoot!

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I actually saw a presentation of La Luna given by the writer/director--and it was ENTRANCING. Enrico Canneloni based the characters of the father and grandfather off of his OWN father and grandfather, and his sketches of himself as a child with the two of them were precious.

     
  • At 2:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When we went to see Snowwhite, all my son could talk about was how GREAT Charlize Theron was. I was shocked that Kristen ??? whatever her last name is...the gal who played Snow White was good, too. I din't realize she was Bella in the Twilight movies and I thought her only acting skill was blinking slowly, but she can do more. It was a great movie full of visual texture. Now you MUST see the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Such an unfolding of universal truths.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home