Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

a goldfish

The body yarn was dyed with Easter egg dye in pink, orange and yellow, (and half a bottle of yellow food coloring. ) The traffic-cone orange is scrap from my stash.  I ran short, so couldn't do the dorsal and pectoral fins all orange as I wanted to, so had to eke it out with some tan from the stash.    I have enough of the body color to do another fish and think I probably will go for it.  Since I'm out of orange, what color for contrast do you think? Black for lips and tail and body color for the fins?




I'm almost finished with the rainbow trout.  It's taking me about 8 hrs to knit one hat.

DH is coming up with ideas for more hats.  I have some mottled gray that I may use for a stingray.  And how about a sea anemone?  Lots of I-cord tentacles.

I found the wicker head by the way.  You know how, when you have something in the same place day after day and you just quit noticing that it's there? Yep.  It was on top of the bookshelf next to my bed.  Duh.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    You keep a spare head next to the bed, great idea!
    I Love the goldfish. How about white.

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    How koi :)
    Love all the hats! Your creativity amazes me.

     
  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    How koi :)

    Your creativity is amazing!

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL Love it! I think it looks finished!

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I think black would work. I made a shark costume when Elanor was a small girl and enamoured with sharks. It had a large open mouth with lots of teeth. I think a shark hat would be awesome. (that was the Hallowe'en I wanted Emily to be a bloody water skier but she wanted to be a princess)

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    How about an electric blue?

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    OMG - that's amazing!!! I totally love it!! I think black might be quite a stark contrast; I like the suggestion of blue.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home