How to make hazelnut rum balls.
4. Put on your favorite cookie makin' apron.
5. Go to the linen cupboard handpick out a strong, sturdy pillowcase.
7. Take two cups of chocolate chips - What do you mean you didn't know you needed chocolate chips? What kind of cook are you that you don't just keep a big bag of chocolate chips in your cupboard because you KNOW you'll need them? Very well. I'll just sit here and sip some rum while you go borrow some chocolate chips from the neighbors. And none of that chocolate-flavored crap either.
8. And get a quarter cup of corn syrup, while you're at it.
9. OK. Dump the chocolate chips, one cup sugar, and the corn syrup into a glass bowl and nuke on high for 60 seconds.
10. Stir in one cup rum. Why did I tell you to get a quart if all you use is one cup? Well, aren't you just the precious little innocent? If you can't figure out what to do with the rest of a quart of rum, I could always take it off your hands for you.
11. Hmpf. Well just BE that way, then! blend in three cups of hazelnut meal and two cups of cookie crumbs.
12. Allow to cool, then roll into little bite-sized balls. Roll them in more hazelnut meal if you feel fancy.
13. Seal in an airtight tin and allow to ripen for at least a week.
14. Invite me over to sample and make sure you did it right.