Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I tend to be monogamous

Usually I like to do one project at a time.  I know there're folks who delighting in having seven knitting projects, 3 writing projects,  five sewing projects and  a dresser they are stripping and refinishing, all going at the same time.  I can't do that.  I somehow wound up with three half-finished quilts and two knitting projects going at once, and it galled me like a burr under the girth strap.  So last Thursday MJ and I finished the trip around the world quilt, and I felt better.  Yesterday, I put the final seam into this quilt, and my heart is eased.  One of the reasons the pieces don't line up perfectly is because I forgot whether I was putting in quarter inch, or half-inch seams, and even managed to throw in a few three-quarter inch seams as well.  this was a design that came to me in a dream, and could stand more refinement. But I like it.
I pieced the back with leftovers and sort of enjoy the random errata of it.  And what an easy  palette to work with!  I still have lots of brown fabric left, so at least one more brown quilt is in the offing.  But not till I finish piecing a back for one more and tying the knots in that one and this one.

As for the knitting, I am still on the dead fish hats kick, and will post goldfish hat photos tomorrow.  I have started a rainbow trout to enter into the county fair, and will enter the goldfish into the state fair.  And then there is a car project that requires no counting or following of patterns, being a garter-stitch jacket knitted sideways.

But meanwhile, I am getting a serious longing to do embroidery. Maybe I should make myself an apron.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger LA said...

    OH, an apron please! Think the 1950's and Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! (Or, you could go with the cool '60's....all peace and love!)

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    So many fun things to do and so little time! I like to try and stick with one or two projects at a time but sometimes find myself with several. That can sometimes cause a problem when I go back to one and can't remember what I was doing. :-/ I've been longing to do embroidery too and just finished a small redwork project. Fun!

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    It is lovely and a little quirky, just like you! Thar means uniqueness.

     
  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    A never ending list of projects. I love it.
    Very interesting pattern that came to you in your dreams.
    I usually don't dream in patterns. Or complete stories for that matter.

     
  • At 4:48 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Be careful. The embroidery is as addicting as the knitting, quiltmaking and all the other things you do. I used to embroider all the time and now it's just a once in a while hobby but I still enjoy it. One day I'll finish the holiday tablecloth that I've been working on for over 20 years.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home