Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, June 03, 2012

volkswalk

DH and I took another Volkswalk yesterday.  This was out in the country, in the verdant Willamette Valley.  It was about 65 degrees, and the rain held off until just after we finished our 6 kilometers.  Lovely scenery.  Without the cloud cover, there would have been some awesome views as well.  I might suggest a return hike when the weather clears (mid-July.)  One house we passed was guarded by the world's most friendly pug who wanted to walk the rest of the way with us.  This dog should be a Walmart greeter or a maitre'd in his next life.  Honestly, he did everything but offer us a beer and some chips.
 Isn't this a cool passage?  This is what happens when you plant cedars along the driveway, and wait fifty years.
The event was based at a peony grower's farm.  DH snapped a shot of me snapping a shot of the fields.  the photo I took was one of the .99 gazillion pictures  that wasn't worth keeping.  But I love just about any picture of me!

Next Saturday,DH has to work. I don't know when we'll do our next walk, but soon!  The club has established goals and badges that you can work toward. We are going to participate in the program. First, we'll shoot for our "W" badge, looking for waterfalls, water towers and other w things on the walks.  This makes it even funner!

6 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    DH snapped a good picture there.
    Wishes, wigs, wings, woodwinds and and wandering.

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Love the tree walkway-hate the telephone lines! They ruin good photos. There are lots of waterfalls at Silver Falls State Park, and in the gorge area. Enjoy your walks and do not give up on the photography.

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That's a good way to motivate people to walk. A W walk. I like to see photos of myself so i can see what I look like to other people. I never seem to look quite like what I expect.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    What a lovely walk! And I'd be drive back and forth along the cedar drive just because I love it when trees grow over the road to create a shady tunnel.

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    That driveway is really cool! These walks sound fun and interesting. I wonder if it's just local to you or if they are held in other areas as well? I think I will google that. :-)

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Love the tree lined driveway!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home