Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

photos from various sources

In Vancouver we found a delightful store called Dressew that carried costume supplies and an immense stock of fabrics.  DH looks only a bit nervous. I could have gone quite, quite mad with creativity, but would have had to carry all my booty on my back for about a mile.  I didn't buy a thing, but I made lots of notes.
Manhole covers in Vancouver have more than common artistry.  Transforming tadpoles.

















Hawaiian gecko awaiting a passing insect.













One of the stewards on board has an artistic bent.  After carefully smoothing the carpet nap in one direction with the vacuum, he used his finger to draw and caption a message to the folks on his floor.  "How was your dinner?"
Cashmere and bamboo scarf knitted on the train and during lifeboat drill.
Baby surprise jacket  knitted on the cruise to and through Hawaii.

















And yet another baby surprise jacket knitted on the train ride back, and in the ensuing week.  There's a bamboo scarf almost finished, too.
From the bird walk:  This is a big dead tree that has been worked over by woodpeckers.  But, this particular apartment has been sublet by a tree frog.  I wouldn't have seen him if he hadn't flicked a foot as I walked by.  I'm delighted to have been able to get such a good photo with my cell phone!
A small turtle basking very close to the bridge.  Ah, reptilian bliss.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Fun photos! Looks like you found a lot of knitting time on your trip. You accomplished a lot!

     
  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger mplanck said...

    What wonderful photos and aren't you the creative one! The scarf and baby jackets are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The baby jackets are adorable! I sure they will be treasured!

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    If never tried a baby surprise jacket but yours are so cute, I may just have to!

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You have the best experiences! Love the cartoon in the carpet!

    You managed to get tons of knitting done - what a nice, relaxing vacation. I'm turning green with envy.

     
  • At 4:51 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You knit so damn fast! I tell myself I am a "contemplative" knitter but in reality, I'm just slow!

    I love looking at older buildings and other architectural structures. The artistic details that once graced those things are no longer present. Now it's all about the money and less about the decor. it's sad.

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I love the blues, they really pop on those sweaters.

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And a little here and a little there and you've made beautiful things and had a wonderful time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home