Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a GOOD day!!


I need only one good knife in my kitchen.


DH repaired an exercise sword for a friend who does martial arts.  I'm better at marital arts, but I thought I would give it a swing.

Here is part of the set-up for the tea.  I took this photo before the sausage and puff-pastry pinwheels came out of the oven. On the top plate we have hazelnut macarons.  On the bottom plate are hazelnut scones.  Under the grapes are the pear and nutmeg upside down cakes.  Those went really well wit just a dab of sour cream. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the Earl Grey tea biscuits.  I cut them square like a teabag and strung a tag though a hole in each one, and wrote happy thoughts on the tags.  Things like, "Hugs are good for you" and,  "You are stronger than you know."  The Earl Grey tea added a delicious flavor.
Here's the teapot set-up in the living room   My tulips are blooming now, and the grape hyacinths are going great guns!

We had a wonderful turnout, and so many people brought goodies to share.  Linda A brought a home-made lemon cheesecake.  Moma brought rocky road candy.  Linda G. brought meringues.  I was running out of places to put the food. And Paul and David brought orange juice and champagne.  Knitting with Mimosas?  Oh yes!

Just a few late blooming daffodils left.   I kind of like the shade they cast here.

We had a wonderful discussion about art and craft and what makes the differences.  Tamara pointed out that The Cubists and Dadaists were dealing with culture that was changing at an unprecedented rate, with all standards and expectations disintegrating and being re-built, and the art was a response to this. I'd never thought of it in that way before. So now, I wonder, when change is hitting us like a jackhammer with a jetpack, How is art responding?  I am SO not up on the current state of the art world.

And, we discussed the anniversary of the Titanic (think of all the folks who decided not to have dessert at dinner that night because it might be fattening.  Take your joy when you can.  You never know what'll happen next!)

In the living room, whenI made arun out there with the coffee, they were talking about celts, who went into battle naked and painted blue.  Someone asked, "Why did they do that?" And I said, "Because they were in the middle of the woad."

Here's the table, set up and awaiting the first nine people to arrive. And at the end of it all, after hours of tea and feasting and laughter and knitting, Tamara and Linda A stayed behind and helped me clean up..  Wow.  Just wow!  It was SUCH a swell time.

Next month we are planning to do a yarn swap, so go through your drawers and find yarn which you are ready to part with, and bring it on down on the second Saturday in May.  You'll probably find some new yarn to love.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And sometimes, just going through your own yarn is a big treat!

     
  • At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    OMG your knitting days are becoming an event! How wonderful.

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Sounds wonderful Roxie!

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Wish I could have been there, but after this bout of the flu, my body has been creating noxious fumes and I do not think it would have set well with the group. I would have been cast out into the yard!

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    What a wonderful party you throw.
    "Middle of the woad" bah ha ha, love it.

     
  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Now that's a knife!! spoken with a sexay Aussie accent

     
  • At 4:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    'tea biscuits'! Wonderful idea. The knitting teas look like so much fun.

     
  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a lovely layout. I hope to make it to tea someday.

     
  • At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    you really enjoy putting these teas together, don't you?

    I love the reflection off of the sword.

     
  • At 2:42 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    A good time was had by all. Obviously!

     
  • At 4:43 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    That sword would fit nicely (and safely) in Sanna's bag.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sanna-Sorceress-Apprentice-Roxanna-Matthews/dp/1425938388

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home