Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Presents and a little sweater

Janette in Oz sent me an Easter present. I never think to give people Easter gifts, and she always sends the bestest  ones.

There were two Lindt chocolate rabbits.  I would share a picture of them, but chocolate rabbits have a very brief life expectancy around here.

She sent an Australian barbecue cookbook to DH because she knows he collects cookbooks, and we have a relatively new grill.

And she sent this utterly awesome NoroSilk scarf.  It's long and swagger and too cool for school!
Lookatall that crochet!  Look at how the wonderful Noro colors play.  Look at that fascinating design.  Oh, I'm gonna have fun with this one!
















And Benita, at Dyed in the Wool, sent me a pair of socks to squee for.  They're pink and squiggly and I'm going to wear them all over today.  Here they are with Serena, my gargoyle.
Last, but not least,  what do you do with 3 half-skeins?  Put them together and make a baby surprise jacket.  DH even complimented me on the color choice. the buttons are off center but I can live with that.

Yesterday I got down on my hands and knees with a scrubber and worked over the baseboards corners and under-fridge-area in the kitchen, then scoured my bathroom.  Today, I find myself wanting to dust.  What is WRONG with me?  Clearly, I need to knit more.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Looks like you scored well on Easter!

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ooh! Love that scarf! I need to learn to crochet.

    If your urge to clean persists, please consider a quick trip to SoCal. To my house.

    I think that one of my favorite baby sweaters to knit is the Baby Surprise. Note to self: find more babies to knit for!

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    I had no idea that Easter was a gift giving holiday. So, you really lucked out! The colors in the scarf are pretty. The sweater you made is cute. The colors worked out great. I wish I could catch whatever it is you have that's making you clean! My house would like that!

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I love the scarf.

    Dusting is a bad sign. You may have come down with domesticitis. You must seek help.

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Wonderful scarf and majorly cute socks!

    It sounds like we could schedule you a cleaning tour if this need persists. I'm sure I was vaccinated against cleaningitis as a child.

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That is such a cool scarf. Crochet can turn out the most amazing things.

    Something about Spring brings out the urge to clean. I was looking at the curtains/windows last night thinking that it was time to wash them (and I hate washing the windows)

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That scarf is awesome!!

    After your trip to So-Cal, come to Idaho. My house needs a good scrubbing. =^.^=

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I love the colors in that baby surprise jacket! Nice use of left over yarns!

    Enjoy the socks -really, they are so you!

    When you get done scrubbing your house, you can sit back, relax in the shininess and make more pretty things.

     
  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow, dusting? It must be going around! That scarf is blowing my mind-- it's DELUSCIOUS!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home