Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April showers

Here's another hat for Medical Teams International.  This one's handspun wool and a few ounces of silk from an estate sale.  I have such an addiction for estate sale yarn. I love working with other people's precious leftovers.  And it does make for a warm and pretty hat.

Four days till knitting. It looks like there'll be 15 or 16 of us.  So here's your warning, folks - First nine to arrive get to sit at the table.  Latecomers get the living room.  We are having pear and nutmeg upside down cake, Earl Grey tea biscuits, scones with a variety of jams, chicken/apple sausage pasties, and some sort of fruit. Grapes?  Fruit salad? I haven't seen any decent melons in the market, and I hate to buy imported berries, so it might be apples, oranges and coconut, peeled, sliced and mixed.  And chocolate, of course.  































9 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Another nice hat! How many have you made over the past few weeks? I've lost count. Hey...I have a model that looks just like yours!

    Your upcoming knitting event sounds like fun...and yummy too!

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Is that GI Joe at the base of the wicker head??

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Pear and nutmeg upside-down cake? Dang, so sorry to miss the good food & good company!

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You missed your calling. You should have been a party planner. You seem to get such pleasure making a nice environment for guests. And your menus always sound wonderful.

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    But I don't want to sit at the little kids table! I'm an adult now!! =^.^=

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    I'm SO getting there on time!!!!!

     
  • At 4:00 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Your tea menu sounds delicious. Do you want some more left-over yarns to play with?

     
  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Murr Brewster said...

    Seems to me you're going to need a fellow in a loincloth to pop the grapes and chocolates into people's mouths if you're going to get any knitting done.

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    So pretty! And I love hearing about your table. A little bit of grace in a life that is usually lacking in it. (My life, that is-- your life is the epitome of graciousness and joy:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home