Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 08, 2012

A pleasant Easter sunday

DH and I had a lovely day - the warmest day yet for 2012- 68 degrees.  We had breakfast at Sully's before the Easter church services let out, then took a slow, leisurely drive through some old neighborhoods on the way to Ikea, and wandered happily through all the pretties.  We went in for a new lampshade and a wall-mounted lamp.  Besides that, we got a duster, an overhead light fixture, three sets of plastic food containers, and one of their giant reusable tote bags.  (We needed something to carry everything else, it was only 59 cents, and it's huge! How could I resist?)

After another meandering drive back home, we mounted the wall lamp, then ran to Lowes for a lightbulb.  Somehow, we walked out with 12 yellow trailing petunia plants, two tomato plants, and the required lightbulb.

It was too nice outside.  We poured a couple glasses of wine and pulled the cushions out for the pavilion furniture.  The cushions, packed carefully away for the winter, had become housing central for a gazillion spiders.  DH flicked them out of the chest onto the grass, and we kicked them about a bit till we felt the spiders had moved on.  Old Fly cat then came out and joined us for a while, but the breeze got too much for us by about 4 o'clock.  it was a great way to spend a day!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Lovely day!
    I spent the afternoon reading and knitting after a morning church service and then an hour spent watching toddlers so parents could attend the next service.
    Happy Easter!

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Ok....third try. I keep trying to leave a comment and when I click the publish button the box keeps asking me to start a blog. Weird! So, if you get three similar comments from me, you'll know why. lol Fingers crossed...here it goes...

    It sounds like you had a really nice day! I love Ikea! I usually spend hours there whenever I go. And, I can rarely go without having their yummy meatball dinner. Mmmm!

    Your outdoor pavillion looks like a great place to relax with a glass of wine, good company and some yarn! ;-)

    P.S. Thank you for your sweet and supportive comments on my blog. I appreciate them very much. I try to write back to everyone that comments but some have a "no-reply" and I can't. Your comments always have that. So, I wanted to leave you a message here to let you know I appreciate your visits and comments very much. Thank you! :-)

     
  • At 7:49 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    The pavilion looks very pleasant indeed! Lovely way to spend the day!

     
  • At 9:43 PM , Anonymous heide said...

    Happy Easter! Your pavillion is fit for a queen. I'm so glad you enjoyed the day. I discovered a way to leave comments now (after much experimenting on another blog that had the same issue). Hooray, now you can read about just how much I adore your happenings!

     
  • At 1:29 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You and Fly both look so relaxed and happy!

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a lovely relaxing day.

     
  • At 4:36 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We had an extraordinarily nice (and balmy) day. Family and good food and just enough traffic to make us glad we don't commute more often.

    The pavilion looks so inviting and comfortable!

     
  • At 4:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Truly lovely-- what did I say about grace? You, madam, have a corner on the market!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home