Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting

More wool and silk scraps joined into hats.  This one grew big, so I put a couple of  little pleats in the sides.  It's kind of cute actually.    And very, very warm!

Tomorrow we leave for our cruise of a lifetime.  Train to Vancouver, ship to Hawaii, around Hawaii, and cruise back to Vancouver, then Seattle. Pictures and posts as I can get internet connections.

(And the house-sitter has a .45 and a rotweiler who loves kitties and hates everyone else, so all you thieves and bad persons take note.)

Cruise ship, Cruise ship!  I've been packed for two weeks.  DH bought me new gowns for the four formal nights.  I'm not as pretty as I used to be, but with these dresses, I'll feel like a queen!  And in his eyes, I'm lovely as ever.  I do love his eyes!
This hat is a good way to manage  if you just don't know how far the yarn will go.  Garter stitch a band that's long enough to go around the head, seam it up, then pick up around one edge, divide into quarters, place markers, and k2tog every time you slip a marker.

If you want a cuff on the hat, knit the band wider.

 If the yarn runs out, you can do the crown with something else, or work the end of it in stripes, or frog the whole project and start over with a better idea of how far it will go.

We saw this young fellow on Sunday. The Micro-Cooper stayed on the sidewalk, and dad stayed right beside him on the street.  It was a great day to be driving around in a convertible with the top down.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Have a wonderful trip!
    Password "Rearshi Gsempork" - sounds like Tibetan food...

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Aloha! Someday I'll make it back to Hawaii nei!

     
  • At 5:45 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Wow, that cruise sounds fantastic. Have a wonderful time.

    I know someone who would LOVE that car! Best I don't show him the picture!

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Have a WONDERFUL, wonderful time! You sooooo deserve it. Pamper yourself, dress up, share love and grace and beauty everywhere -- you know, just like you ALWAYS do. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Yes, and could use a little target practice! And the Rot is hungry for flesh!!

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Your cruise sounds wonderful. Enjoy and take us lots of pictures :-)

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Um, I beg to differ. You are still a beautiful woman. Your genuineness shines through and makes you gorgeous.

    Have a wonderful trip!

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    ENJOY!!!!

     
  • At 5:48 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Sandy is going to be so jealous of you on that trip to Hawaii. She has had the luck to live in Hawaii twice in her life and she and her mom took a cruise there about 5-6 years ago. She'd give her eye teeth to go back.

    Have fun and I look forward to reading all about it.

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Have a wonderful trip!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home