Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snow business

Yesterday's violets are shivering in the snow.  It came down heavy and wet.  I hear that at the beach where we spent a clear and sunny interlude last week, they got six inches of the fluffy stuff.  Timing is everything!  Schools opened late today all over the city, and the morning commute was a nightmare. (Four-wheel-drive does NOT mean you can stop just like normal!) The snow kept falling till noon-ish, but it was melting as fast as it fell.  It made great, hard and heavy snowballs though.  So I've heard. I wouldn't ever actually make and throw a snowball.  So unladylike.

Pay no attention to those lying raccoons.

I am really enjoying this whole process of lying around doing damn all.  Swear to God, they should call me Beau Nydel. (Thanks, Terry Pratchet!)  I've been paying attention to those reports that say you should get up and walk around every 30 minutes.  I'm quite sure they're correct, too.  But I ask myself, "Do I want to extend a life that demands I raise from my comfy chair every half hour and get some exercise?"  And myself answers - "I'll have to think about that one.  Is that the same life that forbids red meat and butter, white sugar, bacon, and all things fried?  Do I WANT to live in austerity while my friends are wallowing in sensual delights, then passing on before their time?  Do I want to be the last righteous bitch of my generation?"



This is a trick question, isn't it?

6 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    You know my thougts on this topic -moderation in all things,including moderation.

    As W.H.Auden wrote in "Voltaire at Ferney", "As a rule, it was the pleasure haters that became unjust."

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Balance is the key.
    Oreos for breakfast, salad for lunch.

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Everything ends up killing us, so might as well pick a pleasurable poison.

     
  • At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Good Lord! We changed weather! It's 75 and sunny here and you have the snow we should be getting this time of year. Mind you, you can keep it - I like what we are having thankyouverymuch!

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The snow kept me at home until noon. At the 1000 ft. elevation here where I live I got 6 inches of snow. I am a snow chicken--I do not drive in it until it is a soggy melting mess.
    Poor little shivering violets!!!!

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was sitting outside in the sunshine with some yarn and sticks and a glass of iced tea yesterday. We're looking at temps in the 70's for the next few days. Weather is fascinating!

    And violets look strangely beautiful in the snow.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home