Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Getaway

Four sixty-year old women doing a quick mid-winter, mid-week getaway to the beach.  I'm not exactly sure where we are because it ALWAYS rains at the Oregon coast, and we have had 2 sunny days and full-moon nights.

There is a great deal to be said for the company of women of a certain age.  We are no longer trying to impress one another.  We know better.  We don't care if someone wants to go for a walk, and someone else doesn't.   Do what makes you happy and have some more chocolate.

I miss my darling  husband, but I'll be back with him tomorrow, so life is good.  And he and the kitties will have had time to miss me, too.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.

I wish everyone in the world could be as happy as I have been this past week.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Beautiful picture. Happiness is catchy, keep it up.

     
  • At 5:38 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You deserve every bit of this happiness! (What? Sunshine? I thought it was snowing...)

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like a wonderful trip with great company! :-)

     
  • At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Beautiful get-away! I know where the rain has gone ....
    So pleased you are enjoying yourselves.
    You should 'treat' yourself more often. The kitties will love you for it :)

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger grins said...

    If you are happy you are successful.

     
  • At 4:27 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Well deserved happiness. The coast looks beautiful. Our oceans are so green/grey this time of year.

    What a nice get away you had.

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What fun! Watch tonight, you might get to see an aurora.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home