Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 04, 2012

The flowers that bloom

Barb gave me roses for my birthday.  When I got up this morning to feed the cats, I found a vase of stargazer lilies  waiting with the cat food.  DH and I went to breakfast at Sully's and they gave me a huge yellow potted orchid.  And one of the waitresses gave me a bouquet of daisies and mums. Then we stopped at Trader Joe's, and the clerk asks, "How are you?"  "Just great!" I told her. "Today's my birthday!"  The clerk called across to her boss, "Hey. it's this lady's birthday. They gave me a free bouquet of Iris and lilies.  I gave the boss a kiss on his cheek.  He blushed.  So I have enough flowers to wallow in petals if I want.  What a treat!

Tonight we are going to the Brazil Grill to channel our inner carnivores.  Then, on Tuesday, three other ladies and I will hit the beach for a mid-winter, mid-week two night get-away.  I make my celebrations last and last!!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I support partying one day for every decade lived. Plus one for good measure. Enjoy! And Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    I have been remiss in not already wishing you Happy Birthday! Consider it an extension of your birthday celebrations! How wonderful to have all those flowers. and I am very envious of your mid week beach break!

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Lots of spring flowers!

     
  • At 8:49 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And they're all so vibrant! I bought some mottled pastel carnations and somethings, and they smell lovely, but they don't light up a room!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home