Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Piece-a-palooza! Lots of photos

The Peter Rabbit quilt.  One of three we completed start to finish today

 I could not have managed without my able assistants.
Pilar, Jess and Hallie.  Here they are in their aprons of office.  They kept our cups full, brought snacks and goodies, and did yeoman work on the quilts.
Bucky came along and helped with the tea.

The blue quilt we completed, start to finish.

Sewing the red strips together.
Pat, mother of the lovely Hallie.  Here, Pat is tieing the red quilt we completed, start to finish.



assembling the blue quilt

The birthday girl with roses in her hair.
assembling team in action


Jess and Pilar 
Barb and Galadriel - assembly team



Tim and Cindy dropped by to say hi.
We had stash-from three different  collections.


We had Judi and Donna providing music.
Tea and teacups


My pin cushion

Pat and Galadriel creating palates
It turned out to be a good day for socks.







Lynn, sewing the PeterRabit quilt
Rose sewing the blue quilt

Pat and Barb taking a break




My birthday cake - strawberry cake shaped like a hat.

The snacks.  Then for lunch, DH brought in Pizzas.



Donna's mom sews quilts to donate to charities.  When she found out what we were up to, she sent a mess of quilts along with Donna when she came to play for us.    Just an awesome contribution!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    OMG what an awesome day!

    Roxie, wishing you the best Birthday ever xx

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a terrific day. I love seeing that you had autoharp music. I own one but am only a terrible newby player. Their music is so beautiful.

    You have a wonderful bunch of friends. You seem to bring out the best in folks.

     
  • At 5:25 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Happy birthday! What an awesome way to spend it.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- I"m exhausted just reading that, and good for everybody!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home