Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Are you awake?

Tomorrow is going to suck rocks.  Today, I slept in until the usual hour, but tomorrow, DH has to get up and head to work.  Daylight savings time is so very annoying!!

Still, spring icon the way.  Daffodils are blooming in the yard, the neighbor down the street has a carpet of crocus next to her fence.  Birds are singing and courting and copulating right out in front of God and everyone, and new baby calves, kids, and lambs are appearing in local pastures. This is (except for the time change) my very favorite time of the year! Longer days, and that live smell in the wind coax me outdoors.  I have a to-do list that is getting seriously ignored.  I can sweep the floor tomorrow. Mount Washmore can go unfolded a few more hours.  The dishes won't get any dirtier if I go for a ten minute walk.  I fully understand why these flowers are so impatient to shove their faces up into the sunshine and the above-freezing rain.

Weather doesn't ever go in a smooth curve around here, but rather, it ratchets its way along.  We get sun, then snow, then sun, rain, wind, snow,rain, sun.  Each week is a bit warmer, with peaks and valleys allover the place.  It's agreatplace to live if you like surprises.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I agree "Daylight savings time is so very annoying!! "
    We have no need to change time every spring anymore.

    fartsoc

     
  • At 8:41 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

    I'm no fan of Daylight Savings Time. And though it would seem like I'd want to sleep later, I tend to wake up earlier than I normally would.
    Leave my time alone!


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    Blogging from A to Z

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I heard the first bird sining in the tree outside my bedroom window yesterday - finally!!!

    We have daffy's in bloom, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home