Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, February 25, 2012

fun times

DH and I went to another home and garden show today.  He had been scheduled to work all weekend long, but luckily, they didn't need him after all, so we got to go play.  And what we found, much to our surprise, was that Toyota was paying us to test drive their new cars.  Yes, you enter your name and e-mail address, but for $10 each, hey, they can send me all the data they want.  And I can ignore and delete it over and over and over . . .

But to my great surprise, I really enjoyed driving the Prius.  It was very responsive, the cabin was surprisingly comfortable, and the back-up camera was too cool for school.  We didn't get to try the automatic parallel park, but if it lives up to expectations, Rock my world!  DH drove the SUV and liked it alright, but actually preferred the Prius. In a couple of years or so, when our current vehicles become more trouble than they're worth, we could very well be buyingToyota.

And after the test drive, they gave us VISA cards with $10 on them.  Wheeee!  Then we stopped and answered questions from a survey group, and got $5 Starbuck cards each.  So we wound up earning money at the show.

Lots of fun things to look at.  DH bought a jar of jalapeño stuffed olives.  I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without, (except of course, the man I came in with.)

Lunch at Kornblatts - oh how I love their matzoh ball soup!  A quick stop at Lush where I bought a mango bath melt.  And then, on the way home, an estate sale!  They had some pretty china teacups, but I was being strong until DH talked to the sellers and made a deal to get 16 cups and saucers with 16 stands, for $50.  Looks like I have begun celebrating my birthday a week early!  Wah Hoo!

He explained that the cups were to help me bribe folks to come to my piece-a-palooza.  Everyone gets to choose a cup to take away with her.  Isn't he a wonderful guy?

I'm getting excited about the piece-a-palooza, even if I don't have a lot of people coming.  We will sew "quick and dirty" pieced comforter tops for  Medical Team International. We will eat pizza, drink tea and coffee, eat cake and laugh lots.  And I just realized that, since it's essential to figure in a "fudge factor" when making quick and dirty quilts, obviously I'll need to provide fudge for the sewers as well.  And a fruit plate, and a tray of crunches . . .

SO, if you're free on Saturday the 3rd between 10 and 3, come on down!  You don't even need to know how to run a sewing machine.  We will need people to pin strips together, people to decide which fabrics are dark and which are light, and especially, people to help me celebrate my birthday. It's at the Milwaukie Center on Rusk Road right off the Milwaukie Expressway.  And if you help with the quilt tops, you can take home a china cup and saucer! Such a deal!  How could you stay away?

3 Comments:

  • At 1:43 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am planning to be there with my sewing machine. I am not great at using it, but someone else can!

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The only thing keeping me away is the 3,000 miles! It sounds like great fun.

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'd love to be there, but day trips at these gas prices. (and it's only going to be getting worse?)

    Sounds like a lovely day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home