Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, February 20, 2012

significant fail

Trying to use up the ends of skeins, sometimes the color and pattern doesn't work out the way you hope. the multi-color goes with the orange and with the brown.  The orange and brown go together beautifully.  But somehow, the orange, multi-color and brown are not playing nicely together.  So, my artistic friends, who can analyze why this didn't work?

By the way, notice the cute little lifted edge on the brim?

Here's a close - up.  this is what you get if you have knitted several rounds, discover that you had a twist in the work, then just twist it right and carry on.  A twist in the knitting is not a mandatory visit to the frog pond.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

    I kind of like the hat. It is what it is!

     
  • At 6:13 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    It's just a guess, but I think it's because it's visually horizontal, diagonal, vertical. It looks a little jumblie.

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    That's so ugly it made me laugh. And I'm not going to pretend it didn't because I'm "that kind" of friend.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I think there's just a little too much going on with the variegate yarn and the color work and the slouching...variegated yarns, I think, need a simple setting to shine. Then again, I mostly don't like them, so feel free to not take my opinion too seriously! I like the orange and brown; they go smashingly together.

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I like the hat. After all, no one or thing is perfect. A flaw enhances beauty.

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's a tiger hiding in the bush.

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Um, ok, maybe it's me, but I LIKE the hat and the colors. Reminds me of an autumn pumpkin patch. Looks ok to me.
    But, hey, if you really hate the color, it can be over-dyed. Maybe black?

     
  • At 7:25 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Now see, maybe because I live with a three ring circus, but I sort of like it... it's very my house...

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Blogger LindaG said...

    I like it! What a wonderful thing to brighten a cold wet day!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home