Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 11, 2011

some place-settings

 I changed my mind a bit on the color scheme for the party.  The runner with the autumn tones just didn't fit. Since I will be serving juicy fruit salad, I needed little bowls.  These bowls jumped up and demanded their place, and the rest of the settings just fell into place around them.  The pink pressed glass bowls needed plates with pink and green.  And the tea cup with the fishes on it is one of my rave faves!
The yellow pressed glass bowls needed more pizazz.  A yellow plate, and a hand-painted yellow cup with nice green leaves fills the bill.
I love these delicate old hand-painted bowls with the violets on them.  The black and white Noritake plate sets them off wonderfully, and the lavender hand-painted tea cups are great accents.  And doncha love the purple napkin on the green cloth?

No two place settings are precisely alike.  I have ten settings at the table, and then I have back-up I can set in the living room, because four people told me they might make it.  It's funner if we can all sit at the same table, but the table seats only 12.

So I spent today baking carrot cake and lemon meringues and making fruit salad and cheese spread.  Tomorrow, I plate everything, make the tea, construct and slice the turkey and cheese rollups (DH suggested I sprinkle cranberries on the cheese before I lay down the turkey.  Brilliant man!) do a quick final sweep of the bathroom, and then revel in the delights of another tea party.  We can squeeze you in just fine if you want to come.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home