Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

kitty in the dark

The kitty pumpkin shines so nice in the dark.  Several people took photos of it.

We had a total of 59 trick or treaters between 6:00and 8:30.  DH's favorite was a teen-aged couple dressed as penguins.  They were large penguins, so we asked if they were Emperor penguins.  They giggled and blushed.  I think they had lost a bet.

My favorite was a young pirate girl.  First she asked if she could pet our cats.  Then she pointed out her crown and assured me that she was a "Piwate Qween"  Then, after a happy few moments choosing her candy, she twinkled at me and said, "Sank you."  Before she got off the porch she whirled around and said, "Mahk's in da stwoller.  Twick-r-twee for Mahk?"  (I think she meant, "Mark's in the stroller.  Trick or treat for Mark?")  It took her another several minutes to decide what Mark would like.  "No MnMs cuz he could sshoke.  An no - - - Mom, kin he have shocklet?"   She eventually selected a hershey bar for Mark, got clear off the porch, then whirled again.  "Oh, sank yew fah Mahk!"  I think that young lady has the makings of a successful CEO.

Lots of pirates last night.  And LOTS of fairies. More commercial costumes than usual.  Also, kids were decked with glowsticks as crowns, bracelets, necklaces and wands.  It made them lots more visible.  Since there was neither rain nor freezing wind, so the accompanying parents were comfortable and congenial, and liberally supplied with flashlights, hand lanterns, and steaming beverages.  It was a lovely night, all things considered.  And we have 31 left-over candy bars.

13 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The pumpkin cat looks so great. Love it! I had quite a few tick or treaters between 7-9 pm and then all was still.

     
  • At 2:35 PM , Blogger Orice said...

    Sounds like your place was popular last night. I was happy that we had about the same number as you. There were more teenagers and even adults. . .all without costumes. Hurrumph, I say. Costumes should be required, but I treated them all anyway. What else can you do, right?

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Undoubtedly, the best part is the 31 leftover candy bars.

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Boo Hoo! We didn't get even one brave trick or treater. We are glum despite all the candy left in the bowl. BTW, love your kitty pumpkin! Alice

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Love the kitty pumpkin.

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Love the cat pumpkin! Sounds like a good night was had by all.

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Peter Kevin is taking all of the leftover candy (except for 3 small chocolate bars) into work today. Usually we keep it and eat it.

    I wonder if this means we're becoming adults?

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We only had one all night.

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    The glowing cat is awesome! Thank you for showing it.

    Since I live in the boonies, I haven't had trick-or-treaters in over 25 years, so I get to hear about everyone else's. Sandy and her mom, for instance, had 113 this year - and they didn't run out of candy. Wow!

     
  • At 10:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dinky-Donk-It. I knew I should have spooked at your house. You must have had all the good stuff. Thanks for sharing the best.

     
  • At 11:47 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I was going to get some candy for trick or treaters, but then the husband reminded me that our house is very scary looking right now (not in a cute fake spider web kind of way, but in a half ruined construction zone kind of way) and that our doorbell was broken.

    So I just ate some candy by myself, slacked off, and had a good halloween night of it.

     
  • At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Awww, that little girl sounds so cute.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The kitty is amazing--and the trick-or-treater... what a little treat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home