Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Knitting HAS been happening

 Here's a nice little scarf for Med Team International knit with leftover hand-dyed silk and some hand-dyed merino.  Scraps- just tiny balls of each.  Cast on  the long way and seed stitch, changing colors at the end of each row.  Soft and Oh So Warm!
On the needles now, Lorna's Laces from Angelika's Yarns in Portland.  A sweater for a handsome Russian pre-med student.  His dad works with my DH. I knitted a similar sweater for DH.  He suggested I knit a nice warm sweater for the dad who was going deer hunting in Eastern Oregon, and the dad loves it. DH, who knows how much I love to knit, suggested that I knit a sweater for the pre-med lad who will soon be out on his own and putting himself through school and no doubt living in cold and draughty  rooms.  I gotta say, this chunky silk and merino blend is a freaking joy to work with!  Wish the red color would photograph better, because it's darker, manly and subtle, and will have young ladies lining up for a chance to wash his dishes.  I'll try to get a photo of him in the sweater.






It snowed in the passes last night.  That morning, I had to scrape ice off my windshield at 8:30 am.  I think the season is upon us.  Time to cuddle by the fire and knit faster.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Your wrist must be totally healed...you've been knitting up a storm without any problems!

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    That s scarf looks wonderfully warm and soft. LIKE

     
  • At 2:23 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Cuddle cuddle cuddle. Knit knit knit. Sounds like a great plan.

    Isn't it fun knitting for people who will love your work?

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    I like making scarves by casting on the long way and working garter stitch - the effect is totally different as a vertical rather than a horizontal. But I have to use much bigger needles to cast on or that edge is shorter than the body of the work, causing an annoying deformed effect.
    I've also done an I-cord cast-on and cast-off with a scarf worked this way - that was incredibly time-consuming but worked vry well - looked really "finished.".

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    ...and write more books.

     
  • At 5:02 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have a mental picture of a young man with fellow female students sneaking glances at him and making excuses to touch his arm to admire his sweater.

    Lucky young man.

     
  • At 5:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    They're talking snow flurries today. I'm not ready for snow flurries.

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Such wonderful colors! It's like looking at an autumn landscape. Beautiful. Alice

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home