Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, November 04, 2011

I get to keep my teeth!

I went to the dentist for my bi-annual cleaning.  After spending forty minutes prodding my gums with pointy steel hooks and scrapers and scalers, then polishing the ol' fangs and thoroughly moistening my entire face with overspray, the kindly hygienist called the dentist to come and inspect.  We waited.  We chatted.  we looked at our watches.  Finally, she said, "I'd better remind him that we're waiting here."  I said, "warn him that if I have to wait too much longer, I'll start singing."  Then I began belting out, "Roll Out the Barrel."  People don't realize that when I threaten to sing, it can truly be a threat.  I can be QUITE LOUD.

The doctor materialized before I got to the second verse.

My gums are firm and pink,my teeth are strong and well seated.  I get to keep all my choppers for another six months.  Woohoo!  And the doctor probably won't forget me next time.

The doctor and hygienist both complimented me on keeping all my teeth for so long.  My parent's generation had dentures by the time they were forty.  I drink a lot of tea,and it makes my teeth yellow, but I think it helps keep them  healthy.  I did not grow up with fluoridated water.



Speaking of water, though, we get our drinking water in big jugs like this.  Not all of them have handles.  The other day, I was carrying one in from the garage, and lost my grip on it.  Do you know what happens when you drop a plastic jug full of five gallons of water straight down?  It splits right along the seam line, and pure mountain spring water splashes up about three feet, soaking you past the knees.  AND, you get to mop five gallons of water off the garage floor.  Then you still have to bring in a five gallon jug of water to replace the empty one. I much prefer the jugs with handles on them.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I think I'll try belting out a few verses when I'm sitting in the waiting room next time!!!! Maybe that will help the wait time.

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL I can just hear you singing. Too bad they did not harmonize with you! That would have raised the eyebrows of the patients in the waiting room!

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    The company we used to get those big water jugs from had them in glass bottles, and they were very heavy. I can lift and place a plastic one, but not the glass ones, so I called one of our maintenance guys to do it. He dropped it. Glass and water went every where. Not only did he have to wet-vac up 5 gallons of water, but he had to get glass shards out of the carpet, cabinet doors and our pants legs. What a mess. I agree, they all should have handles.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home