Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Tis the season

Things that go into rum balls.  The 'nilla wafers have to be crushed very fine.  DH got me a KitchenAid mixer that does everything but play dance music. It has a grinder attachment, so I blithely gave away my heavy duty manual meat grinder that weighed eight pounds and made my shoulder sore by the end of the day.  When I make my Christmas rum balls, need to grind at least ten boxes of wafers.  The new grinder went through fireboxes, then stripped a gear or something.  Next week, trip to the repair shop.  Bummer!  But at least I got through the cinnamon batch (Iadded a pinch of chili powder this year) , the cherry rum batch, and the peppermint batch.  Next up, plain rum, then maybe some almond. And perhaps I'll get a pint of bourbon for some bourbon balls.  What else goes good with chocolate?

6 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I hate taking things in for repair. I can't replace the time and effort it takes to get it fixed. I dropped one of these jugs in the school hallway once. They make quite a spectacular splash before cleaning all the spots behind the bookshelf and chairs that haven't been cleaned in a while.

     
  • At 8:17 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Probably if you stuck with grinding cookies as opposed to "fireboxes",it would be easier on the Kitchen Aid(smily face).

     
  • At 9:32 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Coconut?

     
  • At 11:26 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    May the gods be with your repair shop. I don't have an axe to grind, but surely you can find an excuse to bring a sampling of those rum, cherry, bourban balls to Chrysalis. Bourban balls has a nice ring to it; falls trippingly from the tongue...
    Alice

     
  • At 5:39 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I use a food processor to grind my cookies. Pulse is my friend.

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- what else goes good with chocolate? Caramel...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home