Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy birthday, DH

Fifty seven years ago, my Darling Husband was born.  He doesn't like a big fuss for his birthday, so we will celebrate quietly.  A friend went wok hunting a few weeks ago, and gave us a big steak, so we will have that for dinner.  He may even have a beer on a work night! I baked a cheesecake for him, and the house is sweetly redolent.

Every day I count my blessings.  He is intelligent, funny, honorable, hard-working, and nutty about me.  He can fix anything, build anything, cook anything, and when he gets a new tool or appliance, he  - reads the directions!  He can read a map and doesn't mind doing so.  He doesn't like organized sports any more than I do.  He likes kitties!  He collects cookbooks that are put out by ladies' groups as fundraisers and are a collection of each woman's favorites. For movies, he like "creature features" from the 50s and 60s, Action/Adventure flicks, and animated features like "How to Train Your Dragon."

He will do anything for a friend.  He loves his family and gets along with mine.  Yes, he is a veritable nosegay of virtues andI could continue enumerating them till you get bored and go home.  But the thing is, I'm totally nutty about him as well.  And it is my great good fortune to be, not only his wife, but also his best friend.  When he retires, I have suggested that he teach classes on how to keep your wife happy.  He laughs, but really, he's remarkable good at it!

13 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Happy birthday to yet another excellent Scorpio! Aren't you lucky you found each other!

     
  • At 5:55 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Enjoy that wok steak (elk?)
    Happy Birthday, dear K.M.
    Verification "copoi" - the fee you have to pay at the luau that wasn't covered by your tour package costs?

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You snagged a rare beast--the good husband!! I am so glad you are sohappy with your loving relationship! And happy birthday DH!!!!
    (Does he have a brother like him???)

     
  • At 1:11 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Happy birthday husband!

     
  • At 4:53 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Happy happy birthday DH!!!!!

    Classes in how to be a good husband are nothing to be sneezed at.

    You are both lucky to be married to people you LIKE as well as love.

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Happy birthday DH!!!

    You guys make an awesome couple.

     
  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Lucky Roxie to have such a nice caring friend living in the same house. And lucky Kyle too.

     
  • At 8:34 AM , Blogger Paul said...

    Happy Birthday, DH! What a lovely tribute by the Mrs!!!

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Lucky you! Lucky him! Happy Birthday, DH!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I forgot to ask what kind of animal a wok is...your friend went wok hunting??? I know of the pan for cooking...
    :^)

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Happy Birthday DH! You two are an unbeatable team :-)

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! You did luck out, and I agree that he needs to teach that class. My husband doesn't need it, but I listen to other women talk about their husbands, and there are lots and lots of men who need a few lessons.

    Happy Birthday RH (Roxie's Hubby)!

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Happy Birthday, DH-- and the two of you, nuttier than squirrels, make the world a better place and love a more real thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home