Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 02, 2011

satyr's dance

What to knit at the book signing?  I have finished my "portable" knitting project - a triangle scarf knit from Dave Daniels' wonderful hand dyed and handspun yarn, Satyr's Dance.  The colors aren't accurate her,but even approximately, you can see how glorious it is!  Just the thing to zing up a basic black.

And I owe you guys!  I sold twenty books on line. Book number two, Sanna and the Dragons, is a lock!  Wahoo!  We hope to bring it out in July.

But what to knit at the book signing?  The old paperbacks I am selling off have the pattern for the self-heating mittens.  Maybe I should go with them.  In red, black and grey.  Sophisticated and classy.  /yeah - I'll go for it.

8 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger therese patrick, author said...

    Yep, knit those mittens because it really gives potential readers a talking point. Readers will take a chance on a new book/author because you created a fun experience for them when they met you.

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Great idea....you should be knitting your very special mittens at the signing!

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am loving the first book and looking forward to the second. My favorite part is the magical embroidery stitches - but I guess you have to have a special Talent to do them.

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Where are you selling the books online? Is amazon the only retailer? I looked it up last night and there were a few listings, one for 107.29 and one for .30. Quite a difference! I want to make sure you get credit for the sale where it will do the most good.

     
  • At 5:05 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I know it's cheesy and maybe not what you want to knit but I suggest knitting Sanna's mobeius so that when people ask you can connect it to the book.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations! How awesome to have 20 books sold in line! :-) Hope to get over to Milwaukie to say hello today. Alice Lynn

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Congratulations on your sales!

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The yarn is amazing, sweetheart-- and congrats on the book signing! Yay!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home