Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 13, 2011

All my knitting will be done internally

Yes, it was a simple, clean break requiring no surgery or or extra treatment.  Judi is right - it's a sugar tong cast, though I rather like the sound of sugar tongue . . .  The drugs are little and mild because I'm a pansyass.  A Tylenol 3 with codeine tips me straight into unconsciousness.  The doc offered Vicodin but DH figured I'd sleep 24/7 with big drugs.  We have major furniture moved in thanks to MJ's son and husband who helped.  I did useful stuff like stay the hell out of the way.  Now trying to find the boxes I packed the desk contents.  Wednesday, we fly off to LA for four days.  Keeping the cast dry is easy in the bath tub.  And DH is getting very deft at fastening my bra for me.  I'm learning how to do many things one-handed.  Thank God my dominant hand is uninjured!

"Yes I fell, but I meant to do that!"


Hugs and love and great round gratitude to all for your good wishes, prayers and healing vibes.  It helps!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad it was a "simple" break, if such things can ever be simple! Glad you're coping so well that you can have a few days off. I whisper to your kitties. Alice

     
  • At 5:25 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    A man fastening a bra...usually it is the other way around!! Now does he tuck the baubles in right! wink wink

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger therese patrick, author said...

    Glad to know you will heal well. Now start knitting a new story in your head. :D

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Glad to hear you are managing and healing!

     
  • At 6:52 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yea, sometimes the smart money is staying out of the way.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Didn't like my comment, huh? I did put a smily face in it!
    And I still wonder what that kid posted on his Facebook account.

     
  • At 8:55 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Miss Emily says "never mind". My comment was on the Tues. post, not this one (Mon.)
    Does it feel different to be "retired"? Hope you are healing up nicely with pain well controlled. You certainly seemed to be feeling no pain Saturday!

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love the cat picture-- how very 'land on your feet' of you--but that's because you're roxie, and you can find the silver lining in a dustbowl cloud.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home