Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Ass-watch Wednesday

 
Otis elevator maintenance man.  Please insert all obvious puns about getting up in the world, getting the shaft, etc.  He was pretty darn scenic for a silverside.(gray temples)

My Publisher just told me that we have sold enough copies of Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice to make it worth our while to put out Sanna and the Dragons!  Woohoo!  Thank you, thank you, you darling friends!!  Now I have to hammer down on the rewrite.  I have over 500 exclamation points in the book and they will accept no more than 100.  But - but - I LOVE my excalamation points!  How can I excise 400 of them?  Agony!!!
Well, ya gotta do what ya gottta do.  sigh.

Life in the Mariot Residence Inn continues.  The kitties are getting used to the new place.  Every day I rejoice in the comfort and beauty of our suite.  There are trees all over and even though it's right next to the train tracks and the freeway, there is no noise or stink.  I'll get photos today.  Today, by the by, is going to be sunny!  Woohooo! 

I'm working a 9 hour day today.  Then Friday will be five hours and I will pack my traps and drift away.  I've been making more really stupid mistakes lately, and I came to the conclusion that I was doing more harm than good.  So I will be leaving the work force a few years early.  Maybe I'll find something else.  Maybe I'll just work harder on the writing.  Maybe a comet will hit the earth tonight.  Life is uncertain.  Eat desert first.

I have loved the job in the testing center, and taken a lot of pride in good service and being able to make things easier for folks with test anxiety.  It's great fun to see all the young people and watch their progress through the years, but really, it's time I moved on.  I don't know who they will get to take GED tests to the jail, though.  Everyone else is so nervous about the thought.  We shall see.


13 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous AssWatch Andy said...

    Wow, talk about a riser! NICE.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Congrats on the sales!
    Your sunny smile will be missed.
    I hope no comets hit and you continue writing! Oh, and desserts is spelled wrong! You have deserts! I am not fond of deserts as too hot and much prefer desserts, with chocolate!
    Notice that I, too, am fond of exclamation points!!!

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Knitting on Saturday will celebrate your retirement as well as the Queen's birthday!
    That's worth a exclamation point!
    In fact the occasion should match the password: boffismo!

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    They COUNT the exclamation maarks!!!!

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    It's great to hear that Puddletown is ready to publish your next book. I hope you enjoy your retirement.

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Just a thought, you might make fewer mistakes now that you have your sleep buddy. But, I do understand the wanting to leave the workforce a little earlier. The government tells me I'll have to work until well into my 70's so I have 20 years more to go.

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Oh, and by the way, YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY on the book sales!

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You're going to become a full time writer like Amy?! That's so awesome!!

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I am re-reading your first book again.

    What ever you choose to do, you will succeed... that's just the way that you are.

    Thank you for the scenec shot.

     
  • At 11:51 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I was sitting in the airport waiting for my family and bored out of my mind when I had a thought - "I can download Kindle to my Blackberry!" (exclamation point noted)

    Then I remembered I had Sanna for the Kindle and spent the next 30 minutes happily reading. See - I did need Sanna for Kindle :-)

     
  • At 6:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Silverside--nice! And you're so good, honey, rolling with the flow, taking things in stride. Congratulations on Sanna-- I'm so excited. And you know I'll be first in line for Sanna and the Dragons!

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on the go ahead from Puddletown.Hurrah for Sanna and the Dragons! And retirement isn't bad though you'll probably find yourself working harder than ever. :-)Alice

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just finished Sanna, Sourcerer's apprentice and absolutely LOVED it (And I'm no where near my teenage years- they are rather a bit past)! I was desperately seeking the rest of the books to no avail. I'm so glad to hear you are doing a rewrite and will be republishing. I bought an electronic copy for my Kindle on the recommendation of another blog. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home