Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Bless you sweeT Mamamia!

Willow reads my blog.  Willow has a daughter who lives in SanDiego.  Said daughter (Mamamia) is going considerably out of her way to bring me a crochet hook so I can finish my scarf!  Are knitters the most wonderful people in the world or what?   Mamamia and her momma Willow are saints!!

Here's a picture of our ship - Holland America Oosterdam.


And here's a picture of the rear of the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier from WWII which you can tour.

DH and I walked about a mile in the lovely cool morning air to a restaurant he read about called Richard Walker's where we feasted sumptusously.  I had a cinnamon and pecan pancake, DH had a strawberry wafffle.  Yum!

The city of SanDiego has sculpture all over the bayfront.  In the "Greatest Generation" Park we saw a statue of the iconic sailor kissing the nurse at the end of WWII.  Other sculptures along the way run the gamut from classical marble nymphs to the turkey carcas on a stick sort of abstractionism done in rusty rebar. 
On the way back, we came through the Sea Village shopping center and spotted, in a pond, this happy family on an outing!  Ooooo - baby duckies!

 I may not be blogging from the ship because the wifi is not reliable.  Pictures and more to come later!


But This has been a glorious morning!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have been catching up on your recent blogs and enjoying them! Super that you were able to get a crochet hook so as to thwart the bad-needle gene that did your knitting in. Love the pictures. Going to visit your kitties tomorrow. I'll blow them kisses since they probably won't show themselves. Alice

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Our imaginations will have to suffice until your return!

     
  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, bless your friend with the crochet hook, to save you from madness! And it doesn't matter how many of these cruises you take, you always approach them with the fresh, unfettered look of a child on an adventure--it's what makes me love to read about your vacations:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home