Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for

WOW! 

I was out most of yesterday, helping a friend who has cancer, and when I arrived home I found that another friend, the inimitable Heide, had been to my house and left a mat cutter and - oh glory, a beautiful tea cup and saucer.  Heide, you shouldn't have!  And I missed her.  I could have given her tea and hugs and home-made blueberry muffins, but I wasn't home.  Well, sometimes things work out like that.  Thank you, Heide! Internet hugs and virtual tea!

Not only did she bring mat-cutter and tea cup.  She also brought - "Zombie Mints"  "Mmmmm - brain flavored."  I'm not sure I'm ready to try them.  Maybe I'll offer a few to some college kids and see what happens.

My friend who has cancer needs to gain weight, but since he also has kidney failure, he has to be careful about what he eats.  I took him a lot of fatty treats, and had to take away the jar of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts (with caramel) because they had too much sodium in them.  If I keep the jar here, I will eat every one of those delectable little fat pills. OMG they are GOOD!!  So I am taking them to writer's group today to spread the fat around.  There, I have publicly declared it so I am now committed.  If I keep them all to myself, people will know and I wil be shamed. (and a lot fatter!)  But dear God they are good!

It sounds as if a lot of folks in the midwest are sorry that they were wishing spring would get here.  Floods and tornados all over.  It's been a hell of a year already, and it isn't even half done.  If you wake up in your own bed tomorrow, give thanks for your great good luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Zombie mints can't be any worse than the Vampire mints... Hmmm garlic.

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Have I mentioned how much I love your alphabet?

     
  • At 8:54 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Fat pills-- seriously-- I'm going to have to remember that term! Hope your friend feels (and gets) better. And do brain-flavored mints taste worse than regular flavored ones if you drink a soda afterwards?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home