Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

W is for

W.C. Fields.  Check out Arlee Bird's popst on Vaudeville Victioms.  He ends with an amazing clip of W.C Fields when he was young doing quite an impressive juggling act.

http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/2011/04/vaudeville-victim.html

I got the results of my sleep apnea test last night.  Evidently I stop breathing between 34 and 38 times an hour when I am deeply asleep.  My blood oxygen levels go from 94% down to 84%.  Well no wonder I love taking naps during the day!  No wonder I have some short-term memory loss.  So I am on the list to get a C-pap machine.  This will make daily life a lot more fun, but it will make traveling a bit more difficult.

Which emphasizes my belief that if you want to go somewhere, go while you are young and fit.  If you want to go to Australia, start making specific plans now, because if you wait till you retire, traveling will be a lot less fun.  The knees get creaky, the digestion goes wonky, your resilience and energy wanes a bit each year.  You'll need to make sure you have all your meds for the cholesterol and bloodpressure, your knee brace, the linament for your bad back, your skin care regimen. your hair care products and your denture cream.  And you won't look as cute in your bikini.

And thank goodness for modern medicine!  I'm looking forward to getting used to my breathing buddy and waking up alert and fully oxygenated!  Thanks for all the encouragement about this process.  You guys have taken the fear out of it.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Sleep apnea is serious & not only will (I'm sure) you feel better but you can have a blast saying, "Luke, I am your father"!! ;)

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    So glad that you had the test done and are getting the necessary medical equipment. You'll feel even perkier and more alive than ever once your sleep is undeterred. Amen to the traveling!

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow, baby-- glad to hear you're getting that cleared up! Poor DH-- he must have been holding in his anxiety a LOT!

     
  • At 10:55 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    What Wannietta said :)

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You'll feel so much better with the machine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home