Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Estate sailing

This weeken the estate sale was on an old farm - somone's little piece of he, aven.  There were apple, pear . peach and cherry trees blooming along the driveway, 7 raised beds about 4 ft wide and 11 feet long.  The store room had several hundred canning jars ready to go, and three big canning kettles that had seen years of hard use.  And there was this tea pot.  It holda sbout a gallon of tea!  It has the little handle on the front to make it possible to pour.  I realized that it needs to come live with me so that I can spend more time pouring, and less time brewing.  It's blue and white stonewear and a seriou, serious teapot!
We also got a glass butter dish with a lid on it so we h=can keep butter at room temperature with out finding the print of cat tongues on the edge.  And we found a lovely honey pourer.  Life just keeps getting better.

This woman was about my size.  She had a closet full of new shoes.  Yes, they were matronly, but then,so  am I, and $7 for a pair of well made brand-new Naturalizers is hard to beat.  I got two pairs shoes and three belts.  DH snatched up a 1932 copy of The American Woman Cookbook for a dollar.  he loves old cookbooks.

Looking forward to sunshine tomorrow.  Hope to stroll the neighborhood with a camera.  and the next day, we are headed out for that transition cruise. (We have a house-sitter with a shotgun,)  Lots of picture to follow.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Lovely finds at the Estate Sale. The teapot will find a special home with you!

     
  • At 7:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    sounds like perfect scores - fun & practical!

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    That sounds like a great teapot. I can't wait to see it in action. And what's wrong with cat tongue prints in the butter? That gives it texture.

     
  • At 7:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Enjoy the cruise!

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah-- that teapot has some soul in it-- how lovely.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home