Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 02, 2011

in San Diego

 So wed got up dark and early to catch the gteat silver bird.  On t  he drive to the airport, i whipped out my knitting.  All was well.  We parked and got on the shuttle.  I pulled out my knitting again.



Look carefully.  What is wrong with this picture?


My thrice cursed all nylon circular needles Freaking BROKE!!  And of course i didn't bring a spare.  Who expects all nylon needles to break?





Undaunted, by God, I carried on!  As the pen is several sizes larger than the needles, I am getting a very interesting fabric.  But eventually, the work has gown too large for the pen to hold it all.
We landed, and began the search.  found the hotel with no problem.  I can tell we're in So. Cal.  The sky is blue.  The air is warm.  DH and I both had to shed layers immediately upon landing.  And the bright thing is fierce in the heavens.  Moreover, they have these silly trees that look like they were  crafted by a Hollywood set designer with a crate of green ostrich feathers and too much sangria on board.
Next to the train station is an walkway which is a illustration of perspective in action.  They are growing bougainvilla on it.  I am blown away!  If they tried something like this in Portland, the slugs would devour it in a week.  Bouganvilla, though quite lovely, just doesn't seem like a real flower.  I would not be surprised to see it on the racks at JoAnnes or Michaels with the paper daisies and silk orchids.
We hiked around the bay-front and the gaslamp district, savoring the sun, the cool breezes, the interesting views, and all of life's rich pagent.  DH explains that there are more odd souls here than in Portland because they don't freez in the winter. 
But search as we might, we did not find a set of knitting needles.  Nor did we find anything resembling them.  Nor a crochet hook.    DH says that if there's anyone in the neighborhood who would be willing to come to the Bayside Holliday Inn with a set of knitting needles (Size 8 or so) we will buy you dinner.  The boat doesn't leave till 1 tomorrow, so if that would work better, we will buy you breakfast.  Call me  503-652-9025.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Oh no! Hope you find a replacement.

     
  • At 6:48 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I hope you find some knitting needles!

     
  • At 8:06 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    CALL MAMA MIA! Call me to get her number. She works in downtown SD, a few blocks from the train station. I left you a message on your phone.

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Do you guys get to take a cruise every year?

     
  • At 7:04 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh noes! No knitting? But love the description of the the trees like Ostrich butts and the bouganvilla that isnt real... enjoy, sweetheart--what a lovely time you'll have! (And hope you get your needles:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home