Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

I has a happy.

It feels so wonderful to wake up and realize that nothing hurts, all systems are functioning smoothly, air pumps in and out with no bubbling or wheezing, and the coldthing is on it's way out of the system.  Woohooo!  The rhino has left the building!

Just in time, too.  I gotta get cracking on the next knitting party.  A cake, two cookies, a savory and some fruit.  Since it's happening on Lincoln's Birthday, I proposed that we all celebrate by giving one another little gifts.  Bring one, leave with something else.  There will be balloons, streamers, and candles on the cupcakes. Sooo, clean house, bake a whole lotta goodies, decorate and set the table.  DH suggested that I make jello molds for the fruit offering.  Whattya think?  Little arranged fruit cups with jello holding them together? It certainly opens a vast field for creativity.

I'm thinking chocolate cupcakes with a candle in each, lemon macarons, lavender scones, shortbread, mango & kiwi fruit salad (with orange jello?) and curried chicken salad sandwiches. Sound good?

In the meantime, a gift from me to you.  Go to http://mitchellrose.com/ and watch Deere John.  Tell me how you like it.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    The jello mistress of Brooklyn (I don't have a link but how many can there be-) made a stick it together jello with Knox gingereale (or champagne) and sugar. I made it last summer and it was so very light and yummy

     
  • At 5:18 PM , Blogger LA said...

    YEAH!!! So glad you're feeling better! Sounds like a lovely party you're planning!

     
  • At 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OOOOOheeee. That rain was a bummer, but then I hear from folks in Okla. who are digging their cars out and getting hit every few days with more snow...so I'm enjoying our heat wave here in the Northwest.

    As far as food, well, everything you make is wonderful, so you could probably pour wax on top of jello, light it, and it would be spectacular.

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's hard to believe something that big could be so graceful.

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Jello. I don't know. I go to enough church pot-lucks as it is.
    When Dana was little, Jello seemed a forbidden treat (the artificial color and flavor were migraine trigger issues.)Turned out, after the tonsillectomy, it wasn't as wonderful as Dana had imagined.. at least not wonderful enough to make up for the surgery!
    Glad you have recovered! But don't push yourself or you will relapse (voice of experience speaking...)
    What can I bring? Something gluten-free for the person whose name I have forgotten?

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    You've made me hungry!!!

     
  • At 12:11 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Alas, my Quicktime player does not work-- I'm sorry... it looks like it was sweet!

    And I'm a jello fan... but htt's just me:-)

     
  • At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Lavendar scones? I really wish you didn't live a few thousand miles away because I'd be crashing that party just for the scones.

    So glad you are feeling better!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home