Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Still rasslin' the rhino

 Can you really call it a rhino virus if it mostly lives in your chest?  Hack, hack, choke!  If I could even produce a good hairball I'd have something to show for the hours of slackitude and inertness I have been practicing.  and I know how very lucky I have it. I don't have to get up and go pump my own gas, wait for a bus in the sleet,   dress and feed a family and get them off to their appointed rounds, clean house or even go out into the cold, cruel world  and buy groceries.  I am not complaining about my  tiny indisposition.  Really!  But my head is full of crud and my lungs are too and there isn't enough oxygen to go around in here.

A few days late is the maple tree.  Yes, we have sun.  It's colder than a housemother's heart on Valentine's day when no one bought her chocolates.   This is a bright sunny day that will make you suffer! The wind will chap any exposed skin in minutes.  Your eyeballs dry out, your nose hairs freeze and and your ears cling to the sides of your head like terrified bats.  And I have seen college kids out in this wearing flip-flops and baggy shorts.  I bet Mr. Happy was shrunk up like a stack of nickels, and the Balsam boys had crept back into the body.
I took GED tests to the jail today.  This is the sky as I was preparing to head out.  I got to drive about five miles squinting into the rising sun.  And, by God, I LIKED it!  Sunlight, bouncing off the back of the retina triggers happy endorphins and I'll take those any ol time they're available.  Thank you!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Oh, it does look super cold in that photo! I'll happily share some of our sweltering heat with you ...

    I hope you're on the mend quick like a bunny!!

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger LA said...

    I'm so sorry you're still under the weather....I've been hearing a lot of folks that have been down with the crud. Thank goodness the sun was shining, and you can make some vitamin D!!!

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Hope you feel better soon, Roxie.

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Hope you feel better soon. This round of the plague seems to be holding on a bit longer.

    Yes, isn't watching the sun rise lovely?

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I was driving home in the sun and it would have been glorious except for the small men with pickaxes banging at the back of my eyes. But I did so love seeing the sun and today is bright and shiny. And above freezing! A real plus.

     
  • At 3:40 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    If it has to be that cold, at least you do have the sun to make up for it. We had sunshine yesterday and I had almost forgotten what a blue sky looks like. I kept looking out the window at work because who knows when we'll see it next.

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Sick sucks, honey, no matter what it is you're doing with it. I love that sky there--there's something very holy about a sky like that. And I know what kind of day you're talking about--my old day care provider used to call it a 'fake sun'. (And boys that age have a blood stream like lava--and unvanquishable peckers.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home