Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 03, 2011

and the knit goes on


 So I haven't felt chipper, cheery or alert, but the fingers continue to knit.  Fall-back is to cast on 100 on a circular needle and k2p2 for 6 inches  with oddballs, then place a marker every 25th st and k2tog after the marker every row , move to double points, and carry on to 12 stitches left. run the tail of the yarn through them, draw it up, sew it back and forth across the top a few times, and fasten off.

Hats for the orphans.
And then there was these couple of balls of gray poly/silk/rayon weaving thread that I had in the stash that just wound up on the needles somehow. I have been quite happy with a nice little thermal layer at work the last few months.  I really ought to sew the ends in before I wear things, but oh well.

Lordy those are matronly hips!

8 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM , Blogger LA said...

    You must be feeling better!!!! Yeah! Lovely knitting...lucky kids!

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I LOVE the first knit cap and its fluffy look---like a kitten!!!! Purrrrrr...........

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Those hats look so comfortable!

     
  • At 3:37 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I think you have a beautiful figure! Women deserve to be curvey and not sticks.

    I do love the vest, though. It looks very feminine and warm.

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Cute sweater. If you was your age and looked like a stick, I'd wonder what incurable disease you had.

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You're beautiful & if you didn't have the camera in your hands you could totally be Vogue-ing (it's a dance thing)!!

     
  • At 7:36 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow--you can even knit when you're sick! (I love the thermal layer-- so versatile:-)

     
  • At 12:54 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    See, now I know (as if I didn't) that I am more obsessive than you.
    (Smily icon.)100 st. in 2x2 rib divided at 25 st.? I'd probably try it at 20...couldn't bear to put it in the middle of 2 knits or purls.
    My go-to easy hat is the 1x1 rib watch cap from Charlene Church's hat book. So far I haven't been obsessive enough to master and use the tubular cast-on she specifies.
    I just did a 2x2 rib shallower cap on 76 sts - 50 grams of rather chunky yarn. That is NOT a good # from which to reduce and the directions in the pattern made an ugly crown,too flat and with big holes. In my obsessiveness I reworked it 3 times. I like what I came up with. I'll bring it along Sat. for your comments.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home