Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seasonal signs

 I know, the East coast is colder than a tin toilet seat on the shady side of a glacier.  Here in the temperate valley, we have daffodills emerging. (I mulch my bulbs with leaves raked off the lawn.  Seems to work for me.)
 And the garden store has primroses on sale.  Soo happy to see their little faces smiling by my front door.
Meanwhile, my cactus is sure that somehow, somewhere, it's gotta be Christmas!!


Meantime, I am trying a scratch cake using real cake flour, and Chai tea.  We'll see how it turns out.  Oh, and I discovered a latino music station on the TV.  Who knew?  I've got sambas and tangos for background music, and I just may meet DH at the door with a rum in my hand and a rose in my teeth!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger LA said...

    So glad you're having such a great day!!! Can't wait to hear more about the chai tea cake!!!

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Tin toilet... Bwa hahhahhah

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Rum in your hand, rose in your teeth...sans clothing?????
    LOL

     
  • At 5:27 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    You are awesome!

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We've got a tree outside the building at work that is budding. BUDDING! Can't stop to think in two-three weeks it's going to freeze again.

     
  • At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Daffodills in January????

    We'll be lucky to see them in April!

    Good luck with the cake.

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Alice Lynn said...

    Hi Roxie! Having a guided tour of how to do blog posts and comments!

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    There is something about winter flowers that's SO hardy and obstinate-- I think that's why they smell so good! Lovely pictures, Roxie... they make my day less iron gray.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home