Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 10, 2011

On the fly

I signed the contract with Puddletown Publishing on Monday.  They want the changes in my re-edited manuscript by the end of the week.  And with the ladies coming over for knitting (18 yesses so far.  Wanna  join us?  We'll make room!) I have been kinda busy.  I used Alton Brown's oatmeal recipe from the "More Food" cookbook and I'm quite pleased with it.  Next time though, more spice.  But creaming the sugar and butter together on high for two minutes made a teriffic difference.  Also sifting the flour and other dry ingredients together, weighing the ingredients, rather than meausring the flour by cups, annd using parchment paper on the cookie sheets.  Today, I clean house and set the tables (after my five hour stint at work) and tomorrow, the rest of the prep work.  I'm going for a chocolate cake from scratch.  Wish me luck.

We will be celebrating Lincoln's birthday.  Everyone brings a small gift, all wrapped, and we exchange them.  There will be balloons,  There will be streamers.  There will be candles on the cupcakes.  Are you sure you don't want to join us?

8 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You're a ROCK star!!

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger LA said...

    Congratulations on the contract!!! Don't you just love looming deadlines??? The party sounds like fun (and yummy!) Wish I could be there!

     
  • At 7:21 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    It sounds like a delightful party, but Brian has National Guard duty and Amber is competing in the regional Cheerleading championships so my dance card is full. Hope you all have a wonderful time and that pictures are taken and shared for all of us to enjoy.

     
  • At 8:22 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Whimper... Sounds like loads of fun. :)

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Congrats!!

    Funny how accuracy makes for better production. I'm still a fan of smidges, pinches & eyeballing. ;)

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Just ship it all to my house - I'll wait!

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Busy busy! Hurray for your new book! Can't wait to read it.

    I'd love to join you. If only...

     
  • At 1:56 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    HUZZAH for the published author! And yes, my darling, more than anything I want to join you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home