Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 07, 2011

And sew it goes

I have young relatives in SoCal who would like some drag-around blankets. Two of them (in different families) are, as you might guess, females of Hello Kitty age. What shows as white in these pictures is actually pale pink or pale purple. I got the flannel on sale and went a bit mad with it.




The two young females have older sisters who requested the far more sophisticated color combo of black and white. I'm working on those. I have a lot of Holstein print cotton. Hard to make it look totally cool and sophisticated, but I'm working on it. Waste not, want not.


These blankies are backed with microfleece. I get the no-sew-throw kits for half price, then back two blankies with them. It keeps the costs down.



Fly likes it when I get out the fabric stash. More places for cats to nest.









And it's Friday. Here's that tree again.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger LA said...

    You are "sew" good! What a wonderful aunty you are!

     
  • At 12:06 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I always love the pretty colors you use.Your tree looks cold. Knit it some leaves.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger A Brit in Tennessee said...

    Wow, you are one talented lady !
    My daughter quilts, I can knit and do embroidery, that's about it ;)
    Kitty is cute all snuggled up in the fabric pieces, they do like odd places don't they !
    I went to click your 'followers button' but sadly you don't have one......
    Thank you for stopping by my place, I hope to visit back and forth often.
    Happy New Year !
    Jo

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Uhm, yeah. We've been aflicted with the 'Ms. Kitty' virus here. Squish's favorite colors are pink, rose, fuchia, lavender, violet, mauve, pinkish peach, pinkish rose, rose-ish violet, and purple.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home