Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas day

The sun has come up again! There's a present for you! DH is still cuddled all snug in his bed. I started the day with the breakfast of champions - cold left-over pizza and a cup of tea - and have been checking out blogs from around the world. Some guy is trying to deep-fry gnocci, and laughing insanely when they begin to explode. And Jeff Foxworthy has posted a redneck Christmas that I've gotta forward to my brothers! My blog buddies open my eyes to a world of wonder, fun, tenderness and reality. Someone I know is in the hospital with kidney failure. We've gotta stop by and gift him with our care. Someone I know is finished with chemo and getting ready to start radiation. I send healing wishes her way every time I pick up my knitting. Someone has posted a picture of a delighted little girl dancing with joy over her gift. Someone shared a gingerbread cookie recipe and someone shared a picture of her Christmas table.

Thank you, thank you for inviting me into your lives! Thanks for showing me the weather in your neck of the woods, for telling me what it's like to live with fibromyalgia, two photogenic cats, or an etsy shop. This year, may you all find that rainbow with the metaphorical pot of gold. May your heart be so full of happiness that it cracks wide open. May contentment and gratitude shine out of your light fixtures and may you find a way to get what you want more than anything in the world. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2011!

10 Comments:

  • At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I thank you for letting us share in your life. I check yor blog first every day. I enjoy YOU---Thanks!

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger LA said...

    I LOVE your way with words!!!! I hope you are enjoying this day exactly like you wanted.

     
  • At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Merry Christmas to you! Your blog is one of my small pleasures, thank you.

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Merry Christmas Dear Roxie! May your day be blessed with peace.

     
  • At 2:57 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! Scott started today with cold pizza and tea, too. Aren't I a bad wife for not cooking him a Christmas breakfast? I figured the opportunity to sleep in was more important (for him that is, I was up aty my usual time).

     
  • At 8:42 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Merry Christmas, baby-- I love you back, and I'm so grateful for you. And, uhm, forward me that Jeff Foxworthy thing, wouldja?

     
  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I must be the only one who doesn't like cold pizza for breakfast or otherwise.

    We had a perennial favorite, eggs with hotdogs. It's the only way I really enjoy hotdogs, cut up and cooked with eggs. Such classy eaters.

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Hope yours was joyous!!

     
  • At 6:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Merry Christmas! Sounds like a fun day with your virtual family.

     
  • At 1:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am glad you had a nice holiday.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home