Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

There has been knitting

I am on another three-cornered scarf kick this month. Bamboo dyed by Teresa Ruch. With some ruffles, and beading. More ruffles on the purple scarf.




Not so many ruffles on the turquoise scarf.


I strung the beads, then crocheted them onto the edge. with the other scarves, I have been sewing the beads down. Otherwise, I'd have to count beads, and count stitches and thread the beads in reverse order, . . . and that seemed almost like work, so I shied away. I can happily spend hours hand beading the edge of one of these scarves, and with my ipod reading me a book, I never notice the passage of time, but having to count and figure - no thanks!

I finished the blue-grey scarf yesterday and bought beads for it. Joanne's has a 40% off clearance sale on their beads. I had wayyyyy too much fun!




Wish these pictures would show how lovely these scarves really are, but no picture will show the soft drape and the heavy beaded swing. I loves my shiny scarves, I does!
Why yes, they ARE all in the colors I wear most often. Gee, wonder how that happened?




6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    The scarves are all lovely! What is the pattern? I'm almost finished with my DH's Christmas socks and I feel like knitting something pretty.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    If any of the scarves are knit in bamboo from Teresa then, yes, they'll be soft, slinky and wonderful! I am finally flying around reading a couple of blogs, trying to catch up. Catching my breath too after having 7 adults and a 34mo old in the house. We're now down to the preschooler and one mama.

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow - that's a LOT of knitting!!! Pictures never do knitting justice & I've found that to be especially so with cross stitch.

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Those are stunning! And I'll bet the weight of the beads does make them drape nicely. I think I like the lighter one the best - it looks like a night out on the town.

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    you make such beautiful things!

     
  • At 6:54 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And I adore mine! One of the most elegant things I own:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home