Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

winter solstice


Last night there was a total eclipse of the moon. I'm sure you will be seeing awesome photos of it. We had enough cloud cover that I couldn't get outside when the moon was out, so I got no photos myself. But I did grab this brief flash of a winter solstice sunrise. And now the days will begin to get longer and summer is on the way!!
I'm thinking of forming a girl group folk trio and calling ourselves Persephone and the Pomegranates. It has a nice sound to it, doesn't it? Probably too much work, though. And if we wanted to perform, I'm sure we'd have to be out past 8PM and that's too late for me, so maybe not. Anyone want to run with the idea, it's all yours. Think of the t-shirt - Persephone and the Pomegranates.
"He kept staring at my pomegranates."
Good health to your pomegranates and joy to the shortest day of the year.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    LOVE the name Persephone and the Pomegranates!

     
  • At 9:43 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Happy Solstice!

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    It has been raining so hard that we haven't seen the moon in almost a week. No eclipse viewing for us.

    Merry Christmas to you and DH!

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I tried to take a photo of the moon last night after it first rose because it was so bright. I just stood outside in the cold watching it (and I think it was watching me right back). I woke up at 1:32 in the morning for some reason but didn't remember to get up and look for the eclipse. It was funny but lots of people at work today said they had "trouble sleeping" last night. Wonder if the solstice/eclipse was responsible.

    "Here comes the sun,
    it's all right ......."

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Oh, and I would totally be in your girl group. I can play the autoharp. Well, ok, I OWN an autoharp and in my mind, anyone can play one.

     
  • At 8:18 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Gorgeous picture of the seasons tree. Hugs to you and your luscious pomegranates.

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    We had high thin clouds, which the moon could shine through. Didn't actually stay up to see the eclipse, but I did wake up during the middle of it.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Rain, rain, go away, cause the eclipse ain't comin' any other day... we had rain, and the eclipse was sorely missed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home