Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm feeling much better now.

The house is tidy, if not exactly spic and span. at least it will pass a board of health inspection. And the table is set (woo hoo! Exercise in creativity. Playing with colors and textures and visual effects.)

I got down my basket of tea cozies and was trying to see which two looked best with the tablecloth.

When I turned back to the basket, I saw that it had become infested with a feline. She first tried to burrow down to the bottom. Or maybe she was just fluffing things. Then she snuggled down fo a nice cozy nap. Well, everything is better with a little cat hair, right?








The tablecloth is the result of a yarn-dying experiment where I set the cakes of yarn flat, or on edge in shallow dishes of dye and microwaved them. Then I had to skein the wet, dye-soaked yarn to get it to dry. Not a well- thought out process. But the colors came out nicely, and the weaving went well and swiftly.

I am serving iced tea in wine glasses and pilsners becaue they're pretty. (Note to self. Buy ice.) We are finally expecting hot weather, so I don't think the hot tea will go over too well.


I have flavored syrups if you want your tea sweet. And I have honey to go with the lavender scones.

















The bowl says, "There are few joys greater than friendship. There is no joy greater than love."
I want to thank you guys. You make me feel so loved. No one scolded me for whining about a bout of fatigue. Instead, you all treated me kindly and with care and concern. I truely am touched and I cherish your friendships! Hugs and cookies to you today!!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM , Blogger LA said...

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. Your table is lovely...and a little cat hair is always appropriate!

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You know how to make such a pretty table and when you talk about the food you'll have, I swear I gain two pounds just reading about it. Does one's own drool have calories?

    I love the table cloth and what a cool way to get the colors.

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I'm behind on my blog reading, so I didn't know about your fatigue. I'm glad you're feeling better. What a bummer having to clean your house when you don't have any energy.

    BTW, Laptop loves the quilt you gave me. She lays on it all the time. There have been no ill effects, so I guess she's not a virgin. Slutty cat.

     
  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    You always set such a gorgeous table. I'm glad you are feeling better!

     
  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Lovely table as always! Stay cool :-)

     
  • At 10:30 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm glad you're feeling better too--and the fact that you created that tablecloth makes me boggle. Gorgeous. I love it.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Iced tea and beer always make a good mix. Do the cats hide when company comes over? Ours do.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home