Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 01, 2010

re-stashing

While out and abouting on Saturday, DH and I passed a sign with a ball of yarn crossed by a needles, and the word "SALE" so we followed the arrows. DH is SUCH an enabler! I don't need yarn! I got six skeins of Cascade Venezia (70%merino, 30% silk) in violet and lavender, 6 skeins of Ella Rae Classic in wool (If you bought five skeins of someting, the 6th was free), a braid of bamboo top in the most delicious turquoise, and then as I was getting the nice lady to add up my purchases, DH found the white silk scarves. 44X44 chiffon for $8. 22X22 habotai for $2.15 35X35 for $5.35. I may have to go back today. I resisted the bag of orange bamboo and silk for $32. No one I love wears orange, and how could I overdye it to be useable? I resisted the fingering weight milk protein, and the laceweight hand-dyed silk and cashmere, but I can hear them calling me. I have to go buy some machine-wash yarn to knit a baby blanket for the grand-daughter of one of DH's co-workers (Who is the first man in the history of the world to have a brand-new grand-daughter . If you look up "besotted" in the dictionery, you will see his photo.) I don't NEED more yarn - but the yarn at that sale has learned my name, and whispers in my quiet moments, "Christmas is coming. Never mind what you already have. You don't have anything like me. I will feel so good in your hands. I'm soooo pretty. Come, love me, buy me, take me home."





In other news, Lulu has been out and about again. Donna Lee took her to work, and then - tahdah! - to the boardwalk at Atlantic City! The photos are marvelous, and the girl is up to her old flirtatious tricks. http://whatyouthinkongrows2.blogspot.com Hope this link works.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Lulu is all packed up and sleeping, ready to be off to Ontario so she can make the journey home. It's been an adventure!

    And I can hear the yarns calling all the way over here. What a beautiful braid of bamboo. I don't think I've ever spun bamboo. I imagine it'd be slippery. (and enabling husbands are part of the reason for stashes)

     
  • At 12:30 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    You've been busy and I'm in awe of all the sewing, knitting (buying) you've been doing. Today I'm just BEING after my travels.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Hey! The link works great, and it looks like Lulu is having a great time on the East Coast! Tromp & I are looking forward to checking the mailbox tomorrow for Bucky's arrival!! I think they'll have a lot to talk about, "Lambs we have loved!"

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I HATE it when yarn learns my name. It starts calling me at night, and then the obsession starts... purty scores, though!

     
  • At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Oh, Roxie, I'm the same way with plants. That turquoise is bee-you-tee-ful.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home